Search This Blog

Monday, August 10, 2009

Tilapia Fishing Spot

Ingredient : garlic, sesame oil,onion, red dates
ginger

My Steamed Snakehead...remember to rinse it
Asam Jawa water before putting in all the ingredient.

Fishing is one of my favourite hobbies. Last week I went fishing with my friends near Donggongon town. We arrived at Puun Tunoh river around 2 p.m. To my surprise, there are already a few group of people at the site. Some were casting nets (jala), and the rest are using rods and reels. The fish they're targeting are Tilapia. While I and my friends were using prawns and squids as bait, these people used fungus or water alga. These algas can be found nearby. The catches were not bad. Tilapia the size of both my palm combined! One guy caught Tilapia the size of a tyre reem. Thats the biggest Tilapia I ever seen! Live! I tried using this water alga but it keep dropping from the hook even before it touches the water. I wonder if there is any way I can keep the water alga (lumut) from dropping. I caught only 1 fish that day. A common snakehead (haruan). Weighted aroung 500 grams, not a fair fight at all. I keep the fish in my quarantine aquarium for three days. The fourth day, it went directly to the pot. Yummy~!


A Hope For Jasper

1 comment:

Related Posts with Thumbnails