Caused by parasite Argulus. Argulus are plate-shaped and greenish in color. It measures 7mm in diameter. Argulus can be seen with the naked eye on the body of the fish. This disease usually attacks Grass carp, Giant Carp, Common Carp, Kissing Gourami (Temakang) and Large Headed Carp. This parasite invades the outside of the body by sucking blood on the head and tail fin just like a vampire.
Signs Of Disease
- Fish becomes thin due to loss of body fluid sucked by the parasite.
- There are traces of blood on the body where the parasite are staying.
- Deaths will occur if the number of parasite are too high.
1. Potassium permanganate 10 ppm for 30 minutes max.
2. Dipterex (Masoten or Trichlorfon) 0.25 ppm once in every week for 2 weeks
Fish ponds (Earth Pond) affected by this disease must be dried and limed at the rate of 1.5 tonnes per hectare.