Search This Blog

Wednesday, April 14, 2010

Did You Know?

The meat of blowfish is considered a highly-regarded delicacy in Japan, because of the taste and the fact that the fish is poisonous (it's food only for the brave! Ha Ha!). If the meat is not prepared properly (for example, poison from the internal organs is spilled over), the poison may cause numbness in lips and tongues, vomiting, coma or even death from muscle paralysis. In other word, you're doom! However, some smart  brain have put the poison in good use: a drug (Tectin) developed from this poison is used as a powerful pain reliever for quite a few cancer patients. So next time, in addition to showing off your catch, remember to brag out your knowledge on this fish as well! Attached pictures are for those who never seen these type of fish before.


Related Posts with Thumbnails